Apply The Power of Intention to Know What You Really Want to Do in The Next Stage of Your Life
Why are the online classes important? Because if you don’t plan for your future lives, you are likely to have the following negative experiences both prior to and during retirement:
- Retirement Remorse: If you don’t have a plan for a fulfilling new future, you won’t know what to do with all the free time you suddenly have. You will become bored, even depressed, and miss your old life, because at least then you had something interesting and meaningful to do. Clients think, “I shouldn’t have left. I don’t know what to do with my life now.”
- Retirement Rut: You may have successfully left your business or career, but you didn’t plan what to do with your new life. Because you were busy all the time in your old life, you now find ways to become constantly busy, but these new activities don’t give you a sense of meaning or purpose. You may have dug yourself into a hole of meaningless and purposeless activities and feel unsatisfied and depressed, but don’t know how to make your life more meaningful.
- Post Transition Stress Disorder (the other PTSD): This is experienced when people have left their careers without doing proper planning for their lives after leaving. The symptoms of the disorder are: a loss in enthusiasm for life, not feeling the same since leaving their job, being bored, depressed, feeling that there is nothing to look forward to and that life no longer has meaning and purpose. Post Transition Stress Disorder often causes clients to make poor life decisions and rash personal choices, in order to make sense out of life once more.
- Gray Divorce: In 1990, 10% of all divorces were by people aged 50+. In 2009, 25% of all divorces were by people aged 50+ (a 150% increase). Baby Boomer wives often experience “full nest” syndrome when the husbands retire and are home 24/7; a scenario ripe for experiencing “Gray Divorce.” The Values and Outlook qualification exercises that are used in the classes create a “common sheet of music” which helps minimize divorce in people aged 50 and over.
Live a Longer and Healthier Life
The Creating a Balanced Life after Leaving Your Full Time Position Online Classes keeps you mentally and physically healthy.
- Studies have shown that a 15% differential exists in the death rate between people who are living a purposeful life and those who are living an aimless and directionless life.
- A research paper entitled “Having a Sense of Purpose May Add Years to Your Life” published in Psychological Science, a Journal of the Association for Psychological Science found that feeling that you have a sense of purpose in life helps you live longer, no matter what your age.
- Also, researchers from the University College in London found that people who had reported they had been very bored were two and a half times more likely to die of a heart problem than those who hadn’t reported being bored. Higher levels of purpose in life have also been found to reduce the deleterious effects of Alzheimer’s disease.
Background of the Online Classes
The Creating a Balanced Life after Leaving Your Full Time Position Online Classes helps you prepare for, and make the transition to, the next stage of your life. The online classes are based upon nearly 20 years of experience helping people transition to dynamic and purposeful new lives. The exercises in the classes are based upon time-tested methods for making successful transitions.
The Creating a Balanced Life after Leaving Your Full Time Position Online Classes help you be proactive by providing a framework to invest your time and energy wisely by developing a strategic plan for the next chapter of your life. You will discover meaningful activities so you won’t feel bored and irrelevant and identify lifestyle options that you never thought of before. The online classes also provide practical steps for how to create a vision for living a balanced life and what you need to do to make it a reality.
The Creating a Balanced Life after Leaving Your Full Time Position Online Classes apply the three personal characteristics of wisdom that help you to make good judgments, thoughtful decisions and wise life choices.
In the online classes you will:
- Find ideas so you won’t feel marginalized, bored and irrelevant
- Articulate ideas that you never thought of before
- Create a vision for your life that pulls you towards it
- Develop a specific plan for a happy future life
- Avoid a reactive life by embracing the unknowns
- Know what you want to do, and what you need to do, for your future
7 Strategic Steps™ to Live a Balanced Life
In the classes, you will apply a proven methodology designed around 7 Strategic Steps. You will brainstorm 60 activities to create a balance in all 10 aspects of your life and then create a plan for how you are going to actually implement your decisions.