Creating A New Life after the Death of Your Loved One Guidebook TM Background
The Guidebook has been developed to help you prepare for, and make the transition to, the next stage of your life. The Guidebook is based upon over 20 years of experience helping grieving people transition to dynamic and purposeful new life. The exercises in the Guidebook are based upon time-tested methods for making successful transitions.
The Guidebook helps you be proactive by providing a framework to invest your time and energy to develop a strategic plan for the next chapter of your life. It helps you find meaningful activities, so you won’t feel bored and irrelevant, identifies lifestyle options that you can choose that you never thought of before. The Guidebook also provides practical steps for how to create a vision for your life and what you need to do to make it a reality.
In the Guidebook you will:
- Find ideas so that you won’t feel marginalized, bored and irrelevant
- Articulate ideas that you never thought of before
- Create a vision for your life that pulls you towards it
- Create a specific plan for a happy future life
- Avoid a reactive life by embracing the unknowns
- Know what you want to, and what you need to do, for your future
7 Strategic Steps™
The Guidebook is designed around 7 Strategic Steps as well as the latest discoveries from psychology and neuroscience. These steps provide you with a comprehensive, systematic, step-by-step methodology for exploring and choosing your future lifestyle options. The 7 Strategic Steps help you create a detailed, step-by-step plan for how you will implement each of your lifestyle decisions in the major aspects of your life.
Internal Preparation – The Guidebook helps you become internally prepared for life without your loved one by:
- Expanding your thinking to transform your fears and challenges into new opportunities
- Helping you discover what you want to do in your new life
- Viewing yourself as a whole person, which allows you to assemble relevant information about your past, present and future
External Preparation – The Guidebook helps you become externally prepared for life without your love one by showing you how to:
- Apply a balanced approach to thinking about the issues, so you may expand your thinking about your future possibilities, and helps you avoid thinking in a limited way about what you are going to do in the next chapter of your life.
- Create a spectrum of options which allows you to explore the major aspects of your personal future.
- Use a whole-system approach for analyzing the possibilities that allows you to see the interconnections and synergies in all of your options.
- Go deeper to make your final decisions, which allow you to make meaningful and fulfilling decisions about your future.
- Get ready to take meaningful action by creating a step-by-step “Tactical Plan” for how you will implement each of your final decisions.
The Creating A New Life after the Death of Your Loved One Guidebook help you move beyond the painful void of loss by providing you with a life map to guide you in becoming engaged with life again.