Self-actualization is not at the top of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. Self-transcendence is! Maslow saw a number of problems with having self-actualization at the apex of his motivation needs, which is why he created a new sixth level – that of self-transcendence. The reason why the majority of people are not aware of Maslow’s top level on his hierarchy of needs is because he died shortly after his realization.
The difference between self-actualization and transcendence was also referred to by Viktor Frankl, author of the book: Man’s Search For Meaning when he wrote that:
“Human experience is essentially self-transcendence rather than self-actualization. Self-actualization is not a possible aim at all, for the simple reason that the more a man would strive for it, the more he would miss it… In other words, self-actualization cannot be attained if it is made an end in itself, but only as a side effect of self-transcendence.”
The workshop presents a non-denominational, non-dogmatic, non-traditional, spirituality which allows you to connect with the essence of all religions without the need to have faith in new beliefs.
The sessions: help you rise to a higher spiritual level so you can live with a greater sense of meaning by:
- Realizing personal blessings
- Reestablishing the sense of oneness
- Restoring your wholeness
- Renewing your connection
- Repositioning your role in life
- Re-purposing your life
Topics Covered in the Workshop:
- What is transcendence and how can it transform your life?
- Your physical connection to the universe and spiritual connection to the oneness of creation
- Characteristics and emotions of living at the transcendent level
- Transcendent motivational needs and value system
- Principles, mental paradigm, worldview and mindset at the sixth motivational level
- Thought process of a “Deficit” manner of thinking versus a “Being” way of thinking
- Transcendent experiences and lessons learned
Online Workshop Format:
– The workshop series consists of weekly 45 minute sessions with 15 minutes for Q&A. If you are not able to attend, the sessions are recorded, which you can then listen to at your convenience.
– The on-line presentations include follow-up material, so you can continue the process of spiritual self-exploration.